Thursday, October 11, 2007

Glaucoma really bites the big one.

So, Mcgee is now blind in his "good" eye. :( The pressure was way up, and did not decrease with some major medications (one of which was a 2.5 ml bottle of eye drops which cost me $81.99). He's medicated to pieces, he's sleepy, and his eye hurts. :( He's basically just laying around all day. He bumps into things, but has really become accustomed to it rather quickly, I think. He can find things via smell and he can come and find you when you call to him. Very sad. Im sure this will get better, and easier for his Mommy to handle!! but for now, he's not very happy. Poor baby.

For about 5 weeks of veterinarian care and medications, I have spent $1200. Oh, and yesterday, I got an estimate for car repair for $1100. (I need to replace part of my muffler, and replace my gas tank!! as if!!!).

So, I'm broke as a joke. Luke's wedding is happening at kind of a bad time because I am putting the dogs in a kennel, BUT kind of a good time because I need a friggin break!! Im really looking forward to the wedding and all the festivities around it. :) Should be very fun times. Yay Luke and Becca!!!

No comments: